My little rockstar

It seems my daughter besides an artist is also a performer in the making. Just this morning, she belted like a little rockstar. So exciting and yet at the same time the overeager stage mom in me is screaming to come out. Thoughts like "do I need to do something?", "Do I need to get her into a workshop or something?" And on my other shoulder there's "Will those things alter the natural flow of her talents and her passions?", "Will it ruin her 'voice'?" keeps on popping out. But I think for the meantime the saner mommy in me  wins. Let her (and us) enjoys the things she love doing. Let her form her own 'voice' until it's whole enough, solid enough to stand pat beside the world who might want to place everything in its own mold. But I'm also cutting my self some slack, as a mom it's perfectly justified to be proud but trying to be aware of the annoyance string I might strum along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment